Thursday, March 22, 2012

wow! what a crazy spring break!

Spring Break over already? I know after speaking to many of my classmates, we all feel as if it was too short. On the other hand we also got caught up on alot of our classwork. Sorry I have been quiet in my blogs for a minute but just like any other person I had some personal issues to take care of  including my little girl and her asthma. Looks like we finally have it under control. I also missed about 2 weeks of school but because I kept in touch with my professors and kept them up to date on my daughter's appointments I was able to make up a midterm I missed. Word of advice to all, MAKE SURE YOU GET TO  KNOW YOUR PROFESSORS.

There are so many political organizations that you can get involved with on campus if you are interested in campaigning and helping to get citizens registered to vote.  I will get a list to all of you soon. I will be blogging much more frequently to help other students with anything they need.  I will also be at an EPPS table on Tuesdays in the Comet Cafe from 11-12:45 come check me out and learn about the mentoring program.

I will be meeting with the Dean of the EPPS department next week to speak with him about the Masters Program in Political Science-Legislative Studies. Unfortunately they didnt have enough students to make the classes and they had to do away with the program. This is sad news for me since I was looking forward to fast tracking in the Fall. Now my life plan has been thrown a small wrench. If any of you are interested in this program please let me know, I want to bring it back.

Also, Diversity Gala and Scholarship Fundraiser is on March 31st at 6pm. They need volunteers for this event. Please contact me at aaliyah504@gmail.com if you are interested in volunteering!

Missed everyone while I was gone but I have some great colleagues that have kept me up to date on everything Ive missed. Thanks to all that have helped me!

Cris

No comments:

Post a Comment