Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Having to Drop my first class

Sooo, last semester I took Constitutional Law, Political Theory, Film and Politics, and Honors Political Economy of Modern Texas. I didnt want to overload myself so I didnt take International Relations. I had to drop Global Politics last week because I have very little International Politics background. Now, International Relations is not a required prerequisite for Global Politics and Professor Pinehardt is a great teacher but I was just not getting it and felt I needed a stronger background before I took the class. I was able to drop the course without getting a W but my plan is to take International Relations in the Fall so that I can have a good background before I have to play around with game theory and then retake Global Politics in the Spring. Also, just found out that Dr. Bearry is teaching a course on Machiavelli in the Fall. Cant wait to take that class. This semester I am taking American Political Institutions, 2012 Presidential Primaries (H), Contemporary Political Thought, and doing the internship at the Center.

I will be in the Student Union today at the UT Dallas EPPS table to answer any questions and to sign up students that are interested in the Coach/Mentoring program which is really neat. I had the honor of speaking to the high school students last semester and they are a great group of kids with a desire to go to college. Come get more information on the program!

Make Sure to Keep in Touch with your Advisors!

Also, there will be Voter Registration tomorrow outside the Library from 11-2pm!

Cristina





No comments:

Post a Comment